The Mozy Privacy Commitment
Our job is to help you protect your most important personal information. In order to do that, we operate our business on the following principles:
- Your information is your information, not our information.
- We never sell your information to anyone, nor do we sell information about you.
- We never share your information with anyone unless you explicitly tell us to.
- We never sift through your information in order to create a profile of you or target advertising.
- You can always get your information back. We have no rights to your information if you leave the service.
Protecting Your Information
We use strict security policies, military-grade encryption, and world-class data centres to protect your information, including:
Encryption: your information is always encrypted during the backup process and while stored in our data centres.
- SSL encryption: the same technology used by banks secures your data during the backup process.
- AES/Blowfish: Choose Mozy’s encryption key using 448-bit Blowfish or manage your own key using military-grade 256-bit AES to secure your data during storage.
World-class data centres: All data centres employ state-of-the-art physical and technical security and are SSAE 16 audited and ISO certified.
Mozy recently successfully completed a SOC 1 SSAE 16 Type 2 audit and received ISO 27001 certification. The number of online backup service providers that have completed both the SSAE 16 type II audit and the ISO 27001 certification is extremely limited.
Backed by EMC: With over £8 billion of revenue, EMC stores and protects more information for the Fortune 500 than any other company.